Jennifer at No
Place Like It has tagged me with a meme. And thanks to her (and Schmutzie)
I now also have the above title/line etched into my brain. (Thanks Jen. I keep giggling to myself in public, people are starting to stare.) So this is one of those eight things
memes. I meant to do this on Monday but
I got caught up in the kingdom of lame (i.e. it’s taking me three times as long
to get anything done lately).
1. I think (the last time I counted) I’m up to about 15 places of employment. I’d count them again but… nah. I know it totally makes me sound like a flake but a good number of those businesses simply closed (the downside to working for startups… or retail!). The other ones I’d either get bored at or there were limited growth opportunities so I moved on. Basically, in the early days when I worked a lot of “college” jobs if I didn’t feel challenged or like I was learning something I got bored really quickly. Once I moved to marketing I figured out that it suits me much better because there are so many different types of projects going on. And I’m good at it. Contracting rocks even more!
2. If I don’t wear lipstick I chew my lips all the time! They always seem to be chapped and I gnaw on them. I know this is totally disgusting and I really wish I could stop. Chapstick is only a partial deterrent. The color component of lipstick seems to help, sort of like how I won’t touch my face if I’m wearing makeup. Plus, lipstick is often more moisturizing than chapstick.
3. I have three brothers. My older brother has brain-damage. I was, effectively, the oldest child (let the psychoanalysis begin!). Even though I haven’t talked about it here issues regarding kids with special needs are close to my heart.
4. I painted a school building in high school for the senior prank. The cops showed up. We ran and hid behind another building. My accomplice (wait… actually I was the accomplice because she was the senior and I was only a junior)… anyway, she thought we should turn ourselves in because “the cops won’t arrest us for senior prank, right?” Um… yeah right. I convinced her to just wait until they left since they hadn’t seen the building yet. (Did I already tell this story?)
5. I have hiked Half-dome in
6. In terms of creative writing (or any of my creative endeavors), deep down I’m really a poet. I’m just masquerading as a (hopefully) more lucrative “writer”. Because, let’s face it, it’s hard to make a living as poet.
7. My dad grew up in
8. I would really like to build my own (and the kiddo’s) go-cart. I have been planning this since WAY before I ever had kids. I often enjoy being a kid more than I enjoy being an adult. Except for the additional cash flow that comes with age. That rocks.
Now time to tag people! I’m supposed to tag eight of you (sorry), but it is summer so I figure we need things to write about, yes? CroutonBoy, Katie, Charlie, Summer, Domestic Chicky, Riley (who finds the best pics to post!), Sarah of Goon Squad fame, and Steve you are tagged.
- the weirdgirl